Statewide Training for the Criminal Justice System on the Affordable Care Act
In preparation for the first open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), beginning in October 2013, TASC provided training for all court jurisdictions across Illinois on the basics of the Act, enrolling people under probation or parole supervision in coverage, and linking them to health care services. The trainings were co-sponsored by the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA) and the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts (AOIC), with participation from Get Covered Illinois.
Trainings occurred at the following sites:
- Carterville (5th Judicial District)
- Edwardsville (4th Judicial District)
- Springfield (4th Judicial District)
- Yorkville (2nd Judicial District)
- Bloomington (4th Judicial District)
- Peoria (3rd Judicial District)
Learn more about our work in ACA Implementation.